CHILDREN’S 10 ARTICLES OF MENTAL TRAINING
Be loyal to your country LOYAL
Be obedient to your parents OBEDIENCE
Be loving to your family LOVING
Be cooperative with others COOPERATION
Be faithful to friends FAITHFUL
Be respectful to your Master RESPECT
Be honest in personal affairs HONESTY
Show concern for others COMPASSION
Never attack without reason MERCY
Finish what you start PERSISTENCE
I do hereby pledge to abide by the following ten rules governing membership:
- I understand that the martial arts program strives toward the improvement of the whole person. Therefore, it insists on the constant interaction between the spiritual and physical. I will emulate the high ideals of all ancient cultures such as tolerance, non-violence, respect for my peers, dedication to duty, and honor to my superiors.
- I shall maintain a good rapport with my school. I will be loyal to the spirit of martial arts as well as to those who are inspired by the martial art spirit. Since I have chosen to become a student of martial arts, I am obliged to be loyal to its spirit.
- I will not criticize other students. An unwritten rule of martial arts requires that students only speak well of other students.
- I shall be extremely cautious about making promises, but I shall keep the ones I do make.
- I shall be punctual for class.
- I shall react in a mature manner to every event, regardless if it is favorable, frustrating, or disastrous, as I represent the school.
- I will act always with my purpose before me. I will act with sincerity and forthrightness.
- I will endeavor to overcome any shyness that I might feel in front of an audience. In this effort, I will assist my instructors in teaching beginning students whenever possible.
- I will not hesitate to take the necessary risks in order to develop into an ideal martial artist.
- I will endeavor to finish what I have started, to reach my goals, and to set new ones.